Employee turnover can cost your business between $3,500 to $4,100* per employee or more.
CONNECTIONS, a Business Resource Network (BRN), is a multi-employer collaborative that supports a Success Coach whose sole purpose is to address the individual issues that impact the attendance and productivity of their employees.
WHY SHOULD YOU JOIN THE BRN?
Joining the BRN will allow employers to access regional resources to break down the barriers that employees face and realize an increase in retention and productivity. Southeast Michigan Community Alliance (SEMCA) and the Department of Health and Human Services (DHHS) will support hiring and retaining employees by providing assistance and access to services.
WHO BENEFITS FROM THE BRN?
Potential employer benefits:
- Increased productivity and employee retention
- Increased employee productivity and loyalty
- Reduced absenteeism
- Reduced recruiting/training costs
- Reduced employee turnover
Potential employee assistance:
- Substance abuse
- Financial literacy
- Skills upgrades
DOES IT COST TO JOIN THE BRN?
SEMCA Michigan Works! will subsidize half of the cost for the first year of participation. The goal is for the BRN to be self-sustaining beyond the first year and employers manage the network. Participating businesses will contribute between $14,000 to $16,000 to continue membership beyond the first year. BRN employers will be asked to contribute $7,000 for the first year.What determines the membership fee?
The fee or “share” is determined based on the total number of hours the Success Coach spends at each individual employer. Employers will be required to purchase a minimum of one “share” which represents four hours.What are the membership fees used for?
The fees cover the cost of the Success Coach’s wages, mileage, professional development and network administration.
HOW CAN THE SUCCESS COACH HELP?
- Success Coach meets with employees onsite who are facing individual challenges, connecting them with resources and assistance
- Success Coach provides updates to the Business Resource Network Board on a regular basis reporting metrics and sharing challenges to retention and advancement
- Dedicates hours on-site at each network member
- Available the remainder of the week via email text and phone
- Maintains employee confidentiality, reporting only in aggregate
- Connects employees to company, public and nonprofit resources
FOR MORE INFORMATIONSEMCA Michigan Works!
firstname.lastname@example.org | SEMCA.org