What is CONNECTIONS?
CONNECTIONS, a Business Resource Network (BRN), is a multi-employer collaborative that supports a Success Coach whose sole purpose is to address the individual issues that impact the attendance and productivity of their employees. Download CONNECTIONS brochure.
Why you should join?
Joining CONNECTIONS will allow employers to access regional resources to break down the barriers that employees face and realize an increase in retention and productivity. SEMCA Michigan Works! and the Department of Health and Human Services (DHHS) will support hiring and retaining employees by providing assistance and access to services.
REGIONAL TURNOVER STUDY
Potential employee assistance:
- Substance abuse
- Financial literacy
Potential employer benefits:
- Increased employee retention
- Increased employee productivity and loyalty
- Reduced absenteeism
- Reduced recruiting/training costs
- Reduced employee turnover
Does it cost to join?
The pandemic has created many difficulties for businesses and recognizing these challenges, SEMCA is offering a CONNECTIONS pricing discount, which is described below:
- Employers with 1 to 25 employees: $3 per employee/month
- Employers with 26 to 100 employees: $2 per employee/month
- Employers with 101 to 500+ employees: $1 per employee/month
What determines the membership fee?
The fee or “share” is determined based on the total number of hours the Success Coach spends at each individual employer.
What are the membership fees used for?
The fees cover the cost of the Success Coach’s wages, mileage, professional development and network administration.
How can the Success Coach help?
- Success Coach meets with employees onsite who are facing individual challenges, connecting them with resources and assistance
- Success Coach provides updates to the Business Resource Network Board on a regular basis reporting metrics and sharing challenges to retention and advancement
- Dedicates hours on-site at each network member
- Available the remainder of the week via email text and phone
- Maintains employee confidentiality, reporting only in aggregate
- Connects employees to company, public and nonprofit resources