Clean State Expungement Program
SEMCA Michigan Works! is now providing professional legal assistance to eligible participants for the State of Michigan Clean State Expungement Program.
Residents of the SEMCA Michigan Works! region, which include Monroe County and Wayne County (excluding the City of Detroit), can use this free service*.
The Clean Slate legal assistance covers individuals that have convictions that occurred within the SEMCA region.
*applicants responsible for fingerprinting fees
To determine your eligibility and to begin the application process you must complete an initial registration form. The form requires you to provide certain information (name, home address, valid email address, etc.) to allow SEMCA to retrieve your Internet Criminal History Access Tool (ICHAT) and assess your eligibility for expungement.
Services through SEMCA Michigan Works!
- Free access to computers at any of our Job Centers to search Pure Michigan Talent Connect for openings, post resumes online, seek out career information, and conduct research on specific industries
- Career assessments
- Employment and career search assistance
- Resume and interviewing workshops
- Specialized services for Veterans with barriers to employment information
- Information on Training in high-demand occupations