Explore career options. Build connections. Gain new skills.
SEMCA recognizes the importance the next generation of talent plays in the local economy, and our youth programs are designed to help young people prepare for a successful future. SEMCA’s Workforce Innovation and Opportunity Act (WIOA) Youth Program provides career exploration and guidance, continued support for educational attainment, opportunities for skills training in high-demand industries and occupations, and culminates with a good job along a career pathway or enrollment in post-secondary education.
Youth Program provides
- Career exploration activities, including Talent Tours to visit employers in high-demand industries and occupations
- Labor market information and activities that help youth prepare for, and transition to, post-secondary education and training
- Tutoring, study skills training, alternative secondary school offerings, dropout recovery services
- Paid and unpaid work experiences, including internships, job shadowing, and summer employment opportunities
- Occupational skills training
- Leadership development opportunities
- Supportive services, adult mentoring, follow-up services
- Comprehensive guidance and counseling
- Financial literacy education
- Entrepreneurial skills training
- Community service projects
- And much more