2021 SEMCA Michigan Works! Young Professionals Program*
The SEMCA Young Professionals Program (SYYP) prepares young adults for the world of work with tuition-free online certificate training in the high growth, high wage, high demand industries of healthcare, IT, and manufacturing. Increase your employability and technical skills in electronic health records, phlebotomy, cybersecurity, the fundamentals of manufacturing, administrative customer service, and more.
You’ll also have access to work-readiness workshops led by professionals in financial literacy, college and FAFSA preparation, career planning, labor market information, job search strategies, interviewing skills, and resume writing. Once you’ve successfully completed your training, you’ll be referred for a 6–week paid work experience for a maximum of 40 hours per week. Applicants must be WIOA-eligible, 18 to 24 years old, and reside in Monroe or Out-Wayne counties.
*Program in Monroe and Out-Wayne County, excluding Detroit.
- Orientation and program launch – COMING SOON
- Once online certificate training is completed, you will be referred for an up to 40 hours/week paid work experience
- Free supportive services, career development and placement services
- Broaden your network and develop transferable skills
- Limited spaces available.